As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
When it comes to creating music, a great musical keyboard controller is essential. Whether you’re a beginner or professional, having the right controller can make the difference between a good and great performance. That’s why we’ve put together this list of the top 5 best musical keyboard controllers available on Amazon. We’ve included price, key differentiators, and key features for each product to help you decide which one is right for you.
1. Akai Professional MPK Mini MKII – 25-Key Ultra-Portable USB MIDI Drum Pad & Keyboard Controller ($99.00): This ultra-portable controller features 25 velocity-sensitive synth-action keys, 8 backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads, 8 assignable Q-Link knobs, and an arpeggiator. It also comes with a software suite that includes ProTools | First, Akai Pro MPC Essentials, Sonivox Wobble, and Air Music Tech Hybrid 3.
2. Novation Launchkey Mini MK3 – 25-Key MIDI Keyboard Controller ($119.99): This mini keyboard controller is perfect for on-the-go music production. It features 25 velocity-sensitive mini keys, 8 backlit velocity-sensitive pads, and 8 assignable knobs. It also comes with a software suite that includes Ableton Live Lite, Novation Bass Station, and XLN Audio Addictive Keys.
3. M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 MK3 – 32-Key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller ($99.99): This 32-key controller is perfect for those looking for a full-sized keyboard. It features 32 velocity-sensitive mini keys, plus pitch and modulation wheels. It also comes with a software suite that includes ProTools | First, AIR Music Tech Xpand!2, and SONiVOX Wobble.
4. Alesis V25 – 25-Key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller ($99.00): This 25-key controller features semi-weighted keys, 8 velocity-sensitive pads, 4 assignable knobs, and 4 assignable buttons. It also comes with a software suite that includes ProTools | First, Ableton Live Lite, and Eleven Lite.
5. Korg nanoKEY2 – 25-Key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller ($99.99): This 25-key controller features velocity-sensitive keys, 8 velocity-sensitive pads, 8 assignable knobs, and an arpeggiator. It also comes with a software suite that includes Korg Legacy Collection M1 Le, UVI Digital Synsations, and AAS Ultra Analog Session.
When it comes to choosing the best musical keyboard controller, it really depends on what you’re looking for. All five of these controllers have different features and come with a variety of software, so it’s important to consider what you need most. If you’re looking for a portable controller, the Akai Professional MPK Mini MKII and Novation Launchkey Mini MK3 are great options. If you need a full-sized keyboard, the M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 MK3 is a great choice. The Alesis V25 and Korg nanoKEY2 are both great mid-range options that offer a variety of features and software.
No matter which controller you choose, it’s important to do your research and read reviews from other users. That way, you’ll know exactly what to expect and make sure you’re getting the best value for your money. With the right controller, you’ll be able to create music that you can be proud of.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.